If so, you may be trading, and you may need to contact HMRC to disclose any undeclared trading income from previous years.

HMRC are not interested if you are clearing out your loft and getting rid of things you don’t want any more, but it is targetted at companies and individuals who regularly acquire items to sell at a profit online.

You have until 14th June to come forward if you think it applies to you. If you log onto HMRC’s website, they give you a list of questions and answers to help you decide whether or not you may be trading. Otherwise contact your accoutant for further help.

This blog was written by Lorraine Dale from Rightway Accounting Services. Do contact Lorraine for more information or if you need clarity on any of the points.

  • May 9, 2012
Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments

Leave a Reply: